New London Landmarks is accepting applications for an executive director.
We are a nonprofit organization that preserves New London's historic and cultural resources through advocacy, educational programs, and collaborations with other historic organizations.
* Be knowledgeable about historic preservation issues and/or experienced in community advocacy, and about New London and local issues.
* Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; be able to work independently; be able to work with a diverse group of people, organizations, and government agencies, including Preservation Connecticut and the Connecticut State Historic Preservation Office.
* Be able to work within budget parameters set by the Board of Directors.
* Be able to recruit and work effectively with volunteers and interns.
* Be proficient in basic office IT functions, including Excel, website maintenance and social media.
* Be able to convey our mission and activities in grant applications, press releases, email blasts and donor solicitations. Prior experience in grant writing and administration and/or fundraising is a strong plus.
* Be able to attend occasional evening and weekend activities, New London City Council meetings, out-of-town meetings and training sessions, as well as maintain office hours.
Position is full-time (35 hours), with flexible hours, including working from home, to begin in mid to late March 2024. The salary range is $45,000-$50,000. A full job description is available on request.
We will accept resumes and cover letters until the position is filled. However, the first round will close on January 5, 2024.
E-mail a letter of interest and resume to: NLLandmarksSearch@gmail.com
Please include "Executive Director Search" in the subject line.
New London Landmarks is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.