Our mission is to preserve and promote New London's historic character through education, advocacy and the rehabilitation of historic structures.
Our office at 49 Washington Street contains extensive files on all National Register Historic Districts and Individually Listed Sites in New London. Additional files are kept on individual structures, listed by street address. Historic and current photos files, newspaper clippings, maps and a variety of historic documents are included in the files.
The Rescue of Richardson's Last Station is a 30-minute documentary released in 1978 about New London's Union Station built by famed architect Henry Hobson Richardson in 1888 along with the story of the community efforts to save this significant building from demolition in 1976.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
New London Landmarks serves a broadly diverse community, and we are committed to honoring and preserving the places and histories that reflect this diversity. In order to meet this commitment effectively, we need to pursue diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of our work, including our programming, community engagement, and board, volunteer and staff recruitment.
Staff & Board Members
Lonnie Braxton II